Here are 10 steps you can take to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
A new coronavirus, COVID-19, has been identified as the cause of a cluster of severe pneumonia cases that emerged in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China in Dec. 2019. Since then, the virus has spread to several other countries and the U.S.
Let’s make sure we stand with our communities and stop any forms of targeting people of Asian descent. This new virus has the potential to affect all communities, regardless of race or ethnic background. Let’s make sure we are supporting one another.
Here are 10 steps you can take to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Stay calm. Think carefully about how you can help your community and loved ones.
- Wash your hands. A lot. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds and wash often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. This helps reduce the chances of you getting sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze. Make sure you use tissues and throw them away in a lined trash can.
- Stay at home if you’re sick. We want everyone to stay as healthy as possible.
- If you believe you were exposed to COVID-19, or have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, call your healthcare provider immediately.
- Avoid sharing household items. This applies to cups, eating utensils, bedding, and towels.
- Disinfect objects and surfaces in your home and at work. Use an alcohol-based sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Sleep well. Your immune system is working best if you are well-rested.
- Get a flu shot. It’s still flu season so it’s best to stay at full health and help protect others, too.